Jun 7, 2021
Wireless Embedded Software Engineer
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications to the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to on-board a talented Wireless Embedded Software Engineer.
You will be the principal embedded software engineer for the project and will be responsible for the embedded software design on the radio of the payload and user terminals of the OQ Technology telecommunication network. You will also work closely with and partially manage external partner activities. We are working on building the cutting-edge end-to-end prototype & trial systems for satellite and ground networks. These will be used not only to prove out new technology ideas and features but also to provide a platform for early demonstrations with top tier infrastructure vendors and operators around the world. We are looking for a self-starter and motivated individual who wants to take his/her technical experience to the next level. Someone who likes to combine practical hands-on work with new algorithmic approaches and fast development You will be contributing to the latest ideas and developments in the wireless technology and working with world leading experts to shape the future of wireless communication. You will be implementing PHY/L1 & L2 features on compact programmable hardware.
Luxembourg, Greece or Saudi Arabia
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skill sets including but not limited to software development, firmware development, data analysis, and RF design.
- Explore modern wireless and Telecommunication standards.
- Explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem solving.
- Identify requirements, participate in design & specification generation activities.
- Implement digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for communication applications.
- Generate creative, technically sound solutions, and rapidly prototype them to support proof-of-concept experiments.
- Implement algorithms in FPGAs and processors from MATLAB or C/C++ or equivalent languages.
- Collaborate with and partially manage external partners on the software design and development activities.
- Participate in project management and planning activities.
- Contribute to ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
- M.Sc. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- 3+ years of experience with embedded software development for telecommunication and radio systems and complex S/W debugging especially for PHY, L1 and L2 of the 3GPP protocol stack.
- Proven experience with Software-Defined Radios and ARM microprocessor.
- Programming experience in at least one high level language (C, C++, Object-Oriented design, etc.)
- Experience implementing wireless protocols of 3GPP standards such as but not limited to LTE, CAT-M1, NB-IoT, 5G, etc.
- Experience with MATLAB-to-C conversion tools.
- Experience in working with current telecommunication standards.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Self-starter and pro-active.
- Active hands-on experience with electronic components, test tools, and radio equipment.
- Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Software Skills: C/C++, MATLAB, ARM technology
Software Skills: C/C++, MATLAB, ARM technology
You will have the best experience of your life with our team! We are a dynamic and adventurous company working on historic mission and we will offer you:
- Attractive financial package with bonus plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Flexible working place and hours
- Pension and health and accident insurance
- Food and shopping vouchers
- The opportunity to travel globally and meet our customers & partners and work from any of our global offices in Europe, Africa, and Middle East
- Training and development opportunities
- Leadership skills and independent decision making
- Flat hierarchy
- Visa sponsorship
- Friendly and healthy working environment
- Access to latest hi-tech facilities and tools
- Paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Paid relocation leave
*Benefits are negotiated on a case-by-case basis based on relevant experience and skills.