Aug 11, 2023
Technical Lead - Satellite Telecommunication
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications to the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to on-board a talented Satelltie Telecommunication Technical Lead to drive and execute the technical activities of our organization.
• Provide strategic direction and leadership for the engineering team focused on satellite IoT, payloads, and devices aligning with the company's mission and objectives and report directly to the CTO;
• Develop and implement engineering strategies, goals, and initiatives to drive innovation, efficiency, and technical excellence;
• Foster a collaborative and inclusive culture within the engineering team, promoting knowledge sharing and continuous improvement;
• Build and lead a high-performing engineering team, including hiring, mentoring, and performance management;
• Define clear roles, responsibilities, and KPI’s, promoting a culture of accountability and continuous learning;
• Encourage the professional development and growth of team members;
• Lead the engineering efforts to design and develop satellite payloads and platforms by interfacing with suppliers and manufacturers and launch providers and ground segment operators.
• Lead the manufacturing efforts internally and externally and ensure production quality;
• Conduct laboratory-scale RF and flat sat/payload testing to contribute to raise the TRL levels and performance each cycle,
• Establish a clear roadmap for qualification and flight in hardware development, ensuring that the engineering model progresses towards meeting the necessary standards and requirements for spaceflight;
• Delivering across the full project lifecycle;
• Delivering projects involving complex systems, software and/or electronic hardware;
• Delivering to external clients;
• Reporting project progress to senior internal stakeholders;
• Understanding of key project metrics (quantitative (financial) and qualitative);
• Tracking project budgets and schedules;
• Defining, mitigating and managing project risks;
• Managing suppliers;
• Interpreting commercial agreements.
• Utilize your in-depth knowledge of space mission development, management, and AIT.
• Stay abreast of the latest advancements and best practices in satcom technologies and related engineering fields;
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives to optimize engineering processes and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the lunar ice processing unit;
• Collaborate closely with stakeholders across the organization, including agencies, customers, product and sales, institutes, and suppliers to align engineering efforts with project objectives;
• Communicate technical concepts and progress effectively to executive management and other key stakeholders;
• Foster strong relationships with external partners, research institutions, and industry professionals to leverage expertise and drive collaborative opportunities.
• Master's or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or a related field, with a specialization in space systems or telecom.
• 10+ years of experience in developing and executing satellite telecom mission or satellite telecom payloads or satellite telecom products/embedded software devices.
• 10+ years of experience of managing a technical team of at least 10 people.
• Proven track record of leading and managing multidisciplinary engineering teams, delivering complex projects on schedule and within budget;
• Proven track record of working in a production and manufacturing environment.
• Proven track record of project management
• Excellent people's management skills.
Proven track record of project management
• Strong technical expertise in radio payloads and satellite platforms, or satellite ground communication devices/embedded systems.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills;
• Flexible in terms of working hours, can work extra hours when needed. • Flexible to travel.
• Working on-site in Luxembourg is required.
• English proficiency
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
• Waterfall, Agile and Service delivery techniques;
• Working knowledge of spacecraft systems and subsystems;
• Knowledge of Space Standards (i.e. ECSS);
• Working in European space environment or satellite telecom environment
• Embedded software and electronics knowledge
You will have the best experience of your life with our team! We are a dynamic and adventurous company working on historic mission and we will offer you:
Attractive financial package with bonus plan, possibility to particpate after a while and proven success in employee stock option plan of a high valued company, food and shopping vouchers, the opportunity to travel globally and meet our customers & partners and work from any of our global offices in Europe, Africa, and Middle East, training and development opportunities, leadership skills and independent decision making, friendly and healthy working environment, access to latest hi-tech facilities and tools.
Benefits are negotiated on a case-by-case basis based on relevant experience and skills.
Applications of less than 10 years of experience will not be processed.