May 2, 2023
Senior VP of Sales
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital-backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications for the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and for extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for the next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to onboard our Senior VP of Sales to drive and execute the commercial activities of our organization.
Directly reporting to our dynamic CEO, you will lead the definition and execution of our commercial strategy, build our sales and marketing organization to achieve our ambitious business targets for 2023 and beyond, and lead the efforts to grow our customer base and revenues. The role is also foreseen to be the first step towards a Chief Commercial Officer role in the future.
Full Time – Permanent Employment
- Define and lead commercial strategy execution across all group company global offices as OQ Tech moves from pre-revenue to the commercial stage.
- Identify initial target market segments and geographical scope and develop early revenue-generating opportunities.
- Follow general Industry trends, and research market environment to identify new market segments, customer bases, and geographies, in order to qualify new opportunities and generate additional, profitable revenue streams
- Manage strategic planning for key accounts and initiative execution
- Supervise sales team in the preparation of quotes and support negotiations with clients. Lead the sales efforts for identified key accounts
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Expected to travel for 50% of the time
- Recruit & train a team of experienced sales, marketing, and business development staff globally
- 10 + years’ experience in the sales and business development of L-Band/S-band based satellite solutions into key target M2M/IoT markets.
- Deep knowledge of one or several initial target segments, including, but not limited to Oil & Gas, Utilities, Maritime, Transport, etc. Must “speak” the language of our customers
- Must have developed new business across one of the following continents: MEA, US, or APAC.
- Strategic Thinker with a Hunter Mentality and strong prospecting skills
- Strong professional sales and presentation skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Successful and quantifiable “new business” sales track record; experienced in working to and exceeding targets
- Ability to execute strategic initiatives and develop and close business autonomously and proactively (Self-motivated)
- Ability to design and implement a commercial development strategy aligned with overall corporate goals
- Ability to manage external account projects, while managing the internal process and aligning key resources.
- University education within Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or other relevant areas. An MBA is considered an advantage.
- Strong leadership, with excellent people management and HR development skills
- Strong written, communication and organizational skills
- Understands startup mentality and environment
- Languages: English a must, an additional language of our activity regions a plus