May 2, 2023
Sales and Business
Sales and Business Development Manager
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications to the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to on-board a talented Sales and Business Development Manager to drive and execute the commercial activities of our organization.
You will lead the execution of the commercial strategy, build our sales and marketing organization to achieve our ambitious business targets for 2023 and beyond, and lead the efforts to grow our customer base and revenues.
Full Time – Permanent Employment
- In depth understanding and execution of the company go to market strategy (GTM) and team charter to achieve agreed objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth.
- Ability to both ideate, develop, and execute a sales pipeline that delivers above market growth whilst managing priorities and challenges and overcoming them, with focus on MEA, and US/or APAC markets.
- Meet and overachieve revenues and backlog objectives
- Intimate understanding of market, trends, customer segmentation and competitor activity, to determine target customer and sales planning per locations, segments, and service lines.
- Provide market intelligence feedback. Support generic business planning and general planning & execution processes.
- Assess, validate market strategy needs for differentiated global/regional services.
- Define strategic sales initiatives for the company and its Affiliates globally as well as generate sales leads and close contracts in accordance with set revenue objectives.
- Develop sales pipeline forecasting for both existing products and services along with new ideas for improvement and innovation to influence investment decisions.
- Identify commercial leads, elaborate client proposals, negotiate offers, execute sales, and manage relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Negotiate and close contracts – simplify the complex.
- New business development for MEA partners, and other yet TBC regions which fall under the scope of Regional Sales.
- Report directly to the CCO.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 + years’ experience in the sales and business development of L/S-Band based satellite solutions into key target M2M markets (Including, but not limited to: Oil & Gas, Utilities, Maritime, Transport)
- Must have developed new business across one of the following continents: MEA, US or APAC
- Strategic Thinker with a Hunter Mentality and strong prospecting skills
- Strong professional sales and presentation skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Successful and quantifiable “new business” sales track record; experienced in working to and exceeding targets
- Ability to execute strategic initiatives and develop and close business autonomously and proactively (Self-motivate)
- Ability to design and implement a business development strategy aligned with overall corporate goals
- Ability to manage external account projects, while managing internal process and aligning key resources
- Strong written, communication and organizational skills
- University education within Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or other relevant area. Additional MBA is considered an advantage.
- Languages: English a must, an additional language of the regions a plus