Sep 29, 2022
Sales and Bid Manager
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications to the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to on-board a talented Sales and Bid Manager to drive and execute the commercial activities of our organization.
You will participate in the execution of the commercial strategy, build our sales and marketing organization to achieve our ambitious business targets for 2023 and beyond, and lead the efforts to grow our customer base and revenues.
Full Time – Permanent Employment
- Scout constantly for institutional government tenders and funds with special focus on space and telecom projects of European agencies and Luxembourg/Greek government.
- Prepare commercial and administrative proposals and lead the technical proposal preparation.
- Ensure bid and tender compliance and deliver on time.
- Manage the tender negotiation process.
- Manage the contractual negotiation process.
- Manage winning projects from tenders.
- Assemble successful consortium of companies for bidding and lead the consortium organization and proposal preparation.
- Support the sales team and its efforts for OQ Tech as it moves from being pre-revenue to commercial stage.
- Build our customer pipeline and communicate with different leads converting them to paying customers.
- Follow Industry trends and research target markets and verticals to find new accounts, opportunities and additional, viable revenue streams
- Organize and participate in webinars.
- Attend industry trade shows and work closely for with marketing for targeted events preparation.
- Follow on leads and customers.
- Expected to travel for 30% of time
- 5 + years’ experience in the sales and business development of satellite or telecom solutions into key markets.
- Demonstrated experience in tender and bid management and preparation for institutes such as: ESA, EU, LSA, Defence Agencies, … etc.
- Project management experience of ESA related projects.
- RFI/RFQ/RFP involvement.
- Strategic Thinker with a Hunter Mentality and strong prospecting skills
- Strong professional sales and presentation skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Successful and quantifiable “new business” sales track record; experienced in working to and exceeding targets
- Strong written, communication and organizational skills
- University education within Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or other relevant area. Additional MBA is considered an advantage.
- Languages: English a must, an additional language is a plus.
You will have the best experience of your life with our team! We are a dynamic and adventurous company working on historic mission and we will offer you:
- Attractive financial package with bonus plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Flexible working place and hours
- Pension and health and accident insurance
- Food and shopping vouchers
- The opportunity to travel globally and meet our customers & partners and work from any of our global offices in Europe, Africa, and Middle East
- Training and development opportunities
- Leadership skills and independent decision making
- Flat hierarchy
- Visa sponsorship
- Friendly and healthy working environment
- Access to latest hi-tech facilities and tools
- Paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Paid relocation leave
*Benefits are negotiated on a case-by-case basis based on relevant experience and skills.