Jun 7, 2021
DSP Algorithm Engineer
DSP Algorithm Engineer OQ Technology Sarl is looking for a candidate for a DSP Engineer role to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team at its facility in Luxembourg to participate in the development activities of the payload and terminals for its satellite mission.
Start Date ASAP
Job-Type Full Time – Permanent Employment
Responsibilities You will be the DSP Communications Engineer for the project and will be responsible for the DSP software and algorithm design for the telecommunication payload and user terminals of OQ Technology’s telecommunication network. You will also work closely with a multi-disciplinary team and partially manage external partner activities. You will also work closely with and external partners. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
- Design and implement (hands-on) features on the physical layer of the full telecommunication software stack including digital part and baseband processing part.
- Identify requirements, participate in design & specification generation activities.
- Design and implement of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for communication applications.
- Generate creative, technically sound solutions and rapidly prototype them to support proof-of-concept experiments.
- Review of standards and explore modern wireless and telecommunication standards.
- Design modem system (including physical layer procedures performance) based on wireless standards and product requirements and set system performance targets for wireless subsystems.
- Design and implement of transceiver digital baseband processing after RF phase up to the final detection.
- Implementation of the digital algorithms using C/C++, MATLAB, or VHDL.
- Interface with RF front end hardware supplier to ensure consistency of telecom solution architecture with modem system requirements, such as RF performance, system control architecture, HW /SW interface architectures and long-term technology roadmaps.
- Develop system performance models and drive cross functional system engineering tasks related to the system performance optimization.
- Interact with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers with a wide range of skill sets including but not limited to: software development, firmware development, hardware development, data analysis, and RF design
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skill sets including but not limited to: software development, firmware development, algorithms development data analysis, and RF design
- Explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem solving.
- Participate in project management and planning activities.
- Contribute to ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
- Prepare the ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
- Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- 3+ years of experience multi-disciplinary experience in wireless DSP design for 3GPP standards, hardware-software co-development focused on the PHY layer of radio technologies, baseband digital communications engineering, algorithm and protocol development and RF engineering for transceivers, physical layer modeling, simulations, and design, e.g. physical layer procedures, algorithm development for layer 1 signal processing, link level systems modeling etc.
- Proven knowledge and experiences in management and development of receiver digital part FPGA prototyping, DSP algorithms, Software Defined Radios, Baseband engineering, RF Engineering activities and software stack development
- Demonstrated background in physical layer systems engineering including requirements analysis and algorithm modeling.
- Proven technical leadership and management qualities for extensive R&D in the industry for a period of 5+years
- Experience and contributions in mobile communication technologies.
- Experience with Software defined radio (SDR).
- Experience with communication modem design and development.
- Knowledge of VHDL/ Verilog for RTL design and verification.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
- Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- EU citizenship/residency or valid visa in Europe.
Software Skills: MATLAB, C/C++, VHDL, ARM technology
Benefits OQ Technology is an innovative company and a front runner in the global race of building a global network for Internet-of-Things communication. At our company you will have a great opportunity to overtake large responsibility to build and innovate from scratch. You will be at the centre of decision making and will interface directly with industry and business professionals all around the world, an opportunity which is rarely offered in traditional corporates. Thanks to low income tax benefits in Luxembourg, we offer an attractive compensation package for individuals and families. Luxembourg represents an attractive place for expats with a diverse international atmosphere. We offer a great opportunity for you to grow and develop and make your dreams come true. If you are looking for a challenge and looking for being part of new technology innovation in the world of telecommunications, OQ Technology is the right place to be. Contact Please send your CV and any other documents supporting your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org